This Cupcake Bouquet Basket looks beautiful and makes a great centerpiece or Mother’s Day gift idea! Come see How to Make a Cupcake Bouquet Basket.
Have you ever played The Game of Life game? We use it in our family as fun family time and also a teaching opportunity. #ad
This fun recipe for Mother’s Day Message Honey Wheat Bread is a sponsored post on behalf of ACH brands. #BecomeABetterBaker
I always try and think of something that I can make for my mom every year for Mother’s Day. She’s a busy grandmother of 7 now and she deserves all the pampering we can give her. One thing that I know my mom loves is bread. I made this Mother’s Day Message Honey Wheat Bread with her in mind! It’s such a fun way to celebrate Mother’s Day and your mom will be surprised to see “Mom” written on it!
To write the message on the bread I used a mixture that is similar to a biscuit on top of the bread before baking. It really worked out well and I love how it turned out!
To get the deep brown color on the bread I used a little brown food coloring. You can also use caramel color if you want too.
The ingredients are really simple and I used Fleischmann’s® Yeast for the best result. I use Fleischmann’s® RapidRise™ Yeast when baking bread and I am always impressed with the results! It makes bread baking a cinch!
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann’s® RapidRise Yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 warm cup water
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg (beaten with 1 tablespoon of water)
- WRITING MIXTURE:
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- Combine 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, undissolved yeast and salt in a large bowl. Add warm water (120° to 130°F) gradually to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead on lightly oiled surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Shape dough into smooth ball; flatten to 9-inch round. Place on greased baking sheet. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until almost doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Writing Mixture: Combine softened butter, flour and water in a small bowl. Stir to make a smooth paste. Transfer Writing Mixture to a resealable bag. Cut the tip.
- Brush dough surface with beaten egg and water. Write your message on bread with Writing Mixture squeezed through resealable bag. Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until done. Remove from sheet; cool on wire rack.
Of course the most important part was the taste of the bread. This bread reminded me of steakhouse bread… very light, slightly sweet and perfect with butter! I know my mom will love this bread.
These Crunchy Beef and Bean Burritos fed my family of 6 for under $5! Be sure to check out the rebate for FREE GROUND BEEF! #ad
Hot weather is around the corner… prepare ahead with these easy Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream Cupcakes! yum! #ad
It’s been around 4 months since we first moved into our house and I am just now getting to the point of decorating and tackling some DIY projects. This is the first time that we have really had an entry way and I was really excited to get to decorate it! The piece of furniture […]
It took me a little time to figure these Bunny Rolls out, but once I did I realized how easy they were to make! They turned out super cute and are perfect for any Easter or spring celebration!