Ice Cream Cupcakes are good no matter how you make them, but these Bird’s Nest Ice Cream Cupcakes have lots of chocolate… which makes them even better imo! I thought that I would do something a little different this time and instead of whipped cream I used chocolate shavings and candy eggs for spring/ Easter. These ice cream cupcakes are also dipped in chocolate and have a dollop of fudge topping inside! You can always use whipped cream instead of the bird’s nest too! These are incredible!
They are SO cute and perfect for Spring!!!
- 1 bottle Smuckers Magic Shell in chocolate
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- 1 jar Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- 1 box chocolate fudge cake mix (and ingredients from box)
- small Chocolate candy eggs (I used Cadbury)
- cupcake liners (preferably foil lined)
- Milk Chocolate bar and vegetable peeler to make chocolate shavings
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix the cake mix according to the directions and add ¼ cup of the fudge topping and mix. Fill the cupcake liners with 1 Tbsp. of the mixture and bake at 350 for about 10-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and cake bounces back.
- Let the cake cool completely and then place 1 tsp. of chocolate fudge topping on top of the cake. Then on top of that add ice cream until it reaches the top of the cupcake liner. Smooth out and place in the freezer for an hour or so until it is solid.
- Pour contents of the Magic Shell bottle into a small bowl. Make sure to shake it before pouring. Take cupcakes out of the freezer and unwrap them. Stick a fork into the middle of the cupcake and lift them up one by one and dunk them into the magic shell until all are covered. To ensure that none of the cupcakes melt only do a few at a time and leave the rest in the freezer until ready for the next batch. Once they are dipped put them on a piece of wax paper and sit them in the freezer until ready to serve. (you can store these up to 2 days with plastic wrap on them).
- Once you are ready to serve take your chocolate bar and make small shavings with the vegetable peeler. You will need about 2 Tbsp. of shavings per cupcake. Place the shaving on top of the cupcakes and then place 3 candy eggs on top. Serve immediately.
Here is a visual of the recipe:
Here are some more Ice Cream Cupcakes ideas: (just click the pics)
© 2013, Rachel Rockwell. All rights reserved.Google+