Today is World Nutella Day. My daughter is one happy camper. I love Nutella, but she is absolutely “nuts” over it. For her birthday one year we gave her 3 large Jars. The smile on her face says it all:
Needless to say we are happy to celebrate Nutella Day and we made some awesome cookies for it!
I started out with a simple recipe for thumbprint cookies. Then I rolled the dough in hazelnuts before making the prints.
Since it’s close to Valentine’s Day I decided that these cookies should have hearts! So instead of using my thumb I used my pinkie to make 2 impressions that made a heart print!
Even my wonderful husband that doesn’t like Nutella (gasp!) loved these cookies! I think I may have won him over! <3
- 1½ cups flour
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 stick of butter softened (1/2 cup)
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup of crushed hazelnuts (or also called filberts)
- ¼ cup Nutella in a piping bag with tip #10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. cream the sugar, butter, egg,vanilla and salt together. Add in flour and mix until combined. Roll dough into balls about the size of a small rubber ball. Roll each ball into the hazelnuts until covered.
- Make imprints with pinkie fingers in the shape of a heart or use thumbs to make an imprint.
- Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or until the cookies are light brown. Once they are cool pipe the Nutella inside the pinkie or thumb prints. Serve and enjoy!
How are you going to celebrate Nutella Day?