My recipe for this month’s Heirloom Recipes is Meatballs with Spaghetti! It’s a dish that I think a lot of people resonate with. You know you loved to sing the meatball song as a kid! It’s messy, it’s meaty, it’s carbalicious and it’s SO good! My daughter begs for Meatballs with Spaghetti almost every week. It’s crazy! I remember growing up my mom made Spaghetti all the time and I don’t think I ever tired of it. It’s just a good go to classic! Also little side though… What parent doesn’t love seeing their kids try to figure out how to eat spaghetti noodles for the first time? LOL
This is my daughter who was almost 2 at the time. She was having a good time with those noodles! LOL (They were Rice noodles btw)
Yummy! I hope you enjoy this recipe! Link up some Heirloom Recipes of your own below! You can get the code for hop to put on your own blog here!
- For the Meatballs:
- 1 Tbsp. of Italian Seasoning
- 1¼ pounds of lean ground beef
- ¾ cup panko bread bread crumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1/s tsp. of Lawry’s season salt
- For the Spaghetti:
- I suggest the DeCecco Brand either thin or regular spaghetti
- For the Sauce:
- I use a jar of store bough sauce and then add the following while cooking:
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Meatball cooking instructions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix all the ingredients for the meatballs in a bowl. Mix it well and then form balls in your hands and place on a cookie sheet. The balls should be about the size of a golf ball. Once all the balls are prepared bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until thoroughly cooked inside and out. Serve on top of cooked Spaghetti and pour the sauce over it. Enjoy!
I am leaving up the posts from last month so you all can check them out! There are some really awesome recipes in this collection. Feel free to add your own recipes that are either passed along to you, that you remember growing up or even a just something that you want to pass down to your kids someday (or have already)! I can’t wait to see what you all link up!
© 2013, Rachel Rockwell. All rights reserved.Google+