I just love simple homemade Christmas gifts like these Hot Cocoa Mix Ornaments (instructions below)! I’ve seen similar ideas on the web and fell in love with the idea. These are such a cute way to gift someone with a little love this season. They are so easy and frugal that you can make them for everyone on your list! There are also SO many different hot cocoa varieties and you can even make your own mix. The best part is that when the hot chocolate is used up then the recipients are left with a pretty little ornament. It’s like 2 gifts in one!
I decided that I wanted to make several varieties. Not everyone I know loves chocolate, so there is the wonderful white chocolate version! yummy! The options are really endless… just be creative!
You can gift them in many ways. Gift the ornament by itself or along with a mug and some kind of dipped spoon or candy cane!
Ahh. Nothing like Hot Cocoa on a winter day!
Here is how you can make your own:
- 1 single serving package instant hot chocolate mix in the flavor of your choice… all of the varieties I used are premade from various brands
- 1 clear plastic or glass ornament (I chose plastic that I found in the Walmart craft isle- they are flat on two side which is perfect for a single serving
- chocolate chips (or white chocolate chips/ mint chips etc.)
- Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits (Kraft Brand- usually can be found by hot chocolate mixes)
- tag or note on how to make the hot chocolate (mix with 8 oz. hot water)
- mug is optional
- candy cane or chocolate spoon is also optional
- Start with a clean ornament and take the top off. Fill each ingredient into the ornament using a funnel. Start with the hot cocoa mix, then sprinkles, then chocolates and then the mallow bits. Put top back on. You will need to deliver these standing upright or wrap the top with plastic wrap to keep contents inside. It’s ready to go. Just gift it alone or with the other items recommended! Easy and fun!