Project Party Weekend: 5 Ways to Re-purpose Jeans #2 Denim Apron

It’s time for Project Party Weekend!  Huzzah!  Do I look mad in this pic?  LOL  This cat lives down the street and he is so friendly… he makes the pic so much better!
 We are on day 2 of the 5 ways to re-purpose your jeans!!!  Yesterday was  “Jeans Bunting” and today I will show you how to make a cute “Denim Apron” out of your old jeans!

What you will need:
Old Jeans of course!
scissors
sewing machine (does require a bit of sewing!)
1-1 1/2 inch ribbon- I used about 3 yards
Quilt sized Bias Tape
9hot glue if you want to cheat like me later!)

This may be the most important step… Start off by cutting up the jeans leg… right down the middle in between the seams… try to get it as close to the middle as possible and cut straight!
When you lay it out it should look a lot like this:
Now you will start forming the apron… I just eyeballed it and cut near the seams on both sides and made it flare for the skirt.  From here sew the edges that will be exposed.
The next step I took was to sew the ribbon onto the skirt… I just pleated it about every inch or sew to make it look ruffled.
Next take the Bias Tape or quilt binding and make a neck strap… horrible pic… I know!
Take one of the pockets from your jeans.  Cut it out… leaving the backside intact.  Sew this or cheat like I did and glue it on…lol!

We are almost finished… now take the ribbon and make a simple flower… I show you how to make one here

From here I just glued the ribbon flower to the button hole to where the button would go through it… If you don’t have a pocket with a button then just glue or sew the flower down to the pocket… add a button for decoration if you want…
All done!  Enjoy your new Denim Apron!  Doesn’t it feel good to give something new life!?!

I am so excited to see your projects!!!  hope you are having as much fun as I am… I do apologize if I don’t get around to commenting on everyone’s projects, but I just want you to know that I think you all are awesome!  (and I will try to visit each of you this weekend)

Use the code below on your own blog so that others can join in and become a follower so you won’t miss out on all the project parties!

Happy Creating!

Bubbly Nature

Join our free mailing list and never miss a post.

Comments

1. CREATIVE MIND says

This is super cute apron my dear,you did tutorial smartly..very well!!I love the kitty also..hmmm

2. Tori says

Thanks for commenting on my cereal box craft! I linked up to your party! That apron is awesome! Love it!

3. ...with ♥, SB says

Thanks Rach {do you mind if i call you that!} for hosting this party! I linked up my chapstick cozy like you asked. I am also going to add this link up to my Parties on my tabs! Thanks again! There are some great ideas! GOOD JOB EVERYONE!

4. Erin aka Mama Dub says

I have never been more excited about a blog! I love it! Going to make one of these cute little aprons this afternoon! I just cleaned out old jeans this morning to donate. HELLO… Repurpose!

Thanks for the comment!
    I'll link up for sure!

5. EarthyGirl Originals says

Thanks for visiting my blog, and inviting me to share on party project weekend!

6. Elizabeth says

Thanks so much for linking your party to my party page! Your blog is great! Happy weekend :)

7. Crystal says

I "sew" wish I could sew!!! Love this apron! This would be cute to make for a little girls baking birthday party!
    The trim is "sew" cute!
    I don't have any projects to link up this week so I'll have to flip through the links already posted for a little inpiration for next week!
    Have a great weekend!

8. [email protected] says

OH my gosh a girl after my own sewing heart lol! I love this apron. It is adorable! Nice job. Thanks for swinging by my blog and inviting me to your party. I will be back to link up. Did you link this cutey up at mine as well? If not I would love for you to.
    thx
    Deb

9. Ladybird Ln says

I love all of your fun jean ideas each day, Thanks for hosting this fun party!

Carlee,
    ladybirdln.blogspot.com

10. Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle says

I really like that apron, very cute! Thanks so much for hosting the party too!

11. Marian says

Thanks for stopping by my blog! And for hosting!

The apron looks great:) Always good to reuse those jeans!

12. Kim says

I LOVE this apron…now if only I knew how to sew! Thanks for finding me over at "too much time on my hands," because now I found you and I love your blog!

13. Jodi says

Rachel, Thanks for the invite and the nice comments on my kitchen makeover! I linked up my kitchen to your party.

I am a new follower, your blog is great!

Jodi

14. Build It, Love It, Sew It says

Thanks for hosting such a cute party! Darling ideas! I can't wait to check them all out! THanks for the invite, what a fun blog!! :)
    Jenn@
    builditsewitloveit.blogspot.com

15. Natalie@Endless Crafting says

What a great apron..I am going to have to try this for my daughters. Thanks for the invitation to your link party..let me know if you try canning chicken! :)

16. Sarah @ Sarahndipities says

These are so cute! Thanks for linking up at Make Something Mondays! Hope to see you again next week!

-Sarah

Love the jean apron. I have only made 1/2 apron from jeans but after seeing this, its on my to do list! I didn’t know you had a link up, hope to play along sometime. ;)